Farmhouse now available through Airbnb.
Camping to book through this website
Our farmhouse is available to book through Airbnb
Click here to book the farmhouse
Welcome to Kaoxa Bush Camp
Please remember that this is a self-cater bush camp!
Enjoy the view of the Limpopo Valley as you look out at the rocks and Baobab trees.
The area (Limpopo Valley) is an ancient, arid (dry) unspoilt part of Africa. Kaoxa Bush Camp is in the Limpopo-Shashi confluence area near the boundaries of Botswana, Zimbabwe and South Africa. The Limpopo Valley is known for its majestic Baobab trees. Kaoxa Bush Camp comprises 3 intimate cottages built with stone and thatch and 3 Safari tents, all with en-suite bathrooms. They open onto your personal deck overlooking an extraordinary vista.
Information displayed in the camp about the inhabitants of the bushveld, and remains from the Bushman culture will enrich your stay with us.
The new Mapungubwe National Park is also on our doorstep just a 10-minute drive to the main entrance.
” I have visited the shelter at Kaoxa several times, and each time I am struck anew not only by the scale and beauty of the rock art it contains but also the genuinely breathtaking, almost other-worldly landscape which surrounds it. The area is so rich with historical sites yet Kaoxa stands out as something truly special, and I very much look forward to seeing it again.” Mark January 2018
A snippet of our reviews
- 6th January 2019: the location is perfect with a wonderful view over the Limpopo and close to the Park. David was very kind chopping the wood for us and even cleaning the Potje!!
27th January 2019: Such a beautiful setting. Great staff and comfortable accommodation. The whole region is exquisite.
- Beautiful scenery with very comfortable room. A fully equipped kitchen with fridges available as well. Swimming pool is lovely for cooling off. David was very friendly and always available to assist if we needed anything.
- 3rd November 2018 The location is very special. It is very rustic and basic, but totally worth it! There is an authentic care and assistance from the staff on site. The communal kitchen has more than what you’d expect for a bush camp. Views to get lost in for days. Small touches in the room were noticed like the hangers, make up mirror and bathroom light. Thank you for a wonderful stay
- Well located close to the Mapungubwe National Park. The quiet and peaceful atmosphere. Pool helped on an extremely hot day. Shared facilities encourage meeting people. Well equipped communal kitchen.
- This place is amazing, great location with spectacular views, very comfortable lodge with everything you need (kitchen, fridge, all the utensils available). The worst thing about our stay is that we booked it only for 2 nights!
- 26th August 2017
- Location in nature – and very close to the two entrances of the Mapungubwe N.P. Alberton
7th April 2016“Dear Kaoxa, We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay there – we will definitely be back, hopefully with the whole family 🙂 The location of the camp and consequently the view from the chalets is outstanding. The staff were very friendly, even though we were very late due to us not expecting the bad road conditions on the way (we came from Lephalale). You can possibly add a warning about this to your website or correspondence with potential customers. We also appreciated the fact that when we arrived they already had a fire going, otherwise, we probably would have eaten at midnight. Thank you and hope to see you soon!! “
Jay Skyhawk March 2015. We had an awesome time. The camp was beautiful, loved the swimming pool (practically lived in it) the boma and kitchen were great and the staff helpful. We saw 130 bird species in 2 days. We loved your very special Rock Art. Had a lovely time and will definitely be back!
It was fantastic, what a view from the rooms. It was hot for us Joburgers. Luckily the pool saved us on many occasions! Piet du Preez , Johannesburg, March 2015
Jan van Rensburg, South Africa 17/06/ 2014 – A most memorable experience! Super friendly staff, beautiful scenery, wonderful sunsets and peace and quiet. We will definitely be back, seeing that Mapungubwe National Park is also situated so close to Kaoxa. Your views and especially the lookout over the Limpopo valley with convenient benches to relax on, was divine. The only negative point was that it was over so quickly and we had to return to the daily grind! Thank you Jabulani and Julia for your hospitality!
Romy Mason, South Africa – 13/08/2012- A wonderful stay at Kaoxa Bush Camp, chalets are very rustic but it adds to the whole outdoor experience. Next time we will book for longer than 1 night! The view was breathtaking!
SafariNow Customer Reviews
Summer is with us with a vengeance. The convectional storms are electrically spectacular but mostly unrewarding as far as promise goes. We get the proper rain from the ITCZ which is the weather system that influences major change from the Equator to the Tropic of Capricorn. The veld is rejuvenated, and within days of a […]
Let’s have a look at the Farmhouse Kaoxa – Mapungubwe Musina, Limpopo, South Africa A beautiful place to unwind with friends and family in the African bush in the midst of the Koppies (rocky hills), surrounded by Kalahari-sand and ancient Baobab trees. Elephants roam freely. 10 …
Check out our latest videos and galleries! Kaoxa Bush Camp is delighted to announce we have a new videos section on our website. We have recently uploaded a number of videos of the amazing Rock Art Shelter. We have also added some new pictures to the Rock Art Shelter picture gallery. click here to see […]